On November 19, 1882, the first Mass was held in the renamed City of Roanoke (formerly Big Lick) by Father Lynch in Passenger Coach No. 6 of the Shenandoah Railroad. The first St. Andrew’s Church building was completed and dedicated in 1883. The congregation soon outgrew its first small building, and, in November of 1902 a new building was dedicated.
The twin-spired gothic structure occupies one of the highest knolls within the City of Roanoke, and, has been likened by many to the cathedrals of Rowen and Chartres in France. The total cost of construction and fitting out was $100,000.
Solid Brass; Brushed Finish. Includes ribbon as shown. First produced in 1994.
Dimensions: 2” height x 1 ¼” width