Hotel Roanoke was built in 1882 in a wheat field on a hill above the N&W Railroad in what is now the Gainsboro neighborhood. Built with 38 rooms, the Hotel was operated in grand style from the beginning. In the early 1900’s the Hotel reigned as the social center of Roanoke.
Over the years significant renovations were made including the addition of two wings and the Tudor appearance it bears today. It was advertised for years as “a modern version of an old English inn.”
In 1989 Norfolk & Southern deeded The Hotel to Virginia Tech for $65,000. Under a very successful “Renew Roanoke” campaign in 1992, a Conference Center was added among other major upgrades. Reopening in 1995 the Hotel & Convention Center continues its reputation as a luxury destination.
Solid Brass; Brushed Finish. Includes ribbon as shown. First produced in 1992.
Dimensions: 1 ½” height x 1 5/8” width